Just when you think the holidays are over….think again. I have designated tonight as Pearl Jam Eve! I’m sure you are wondering what kind of holiday is that. Well, for starters Pearl Jam did not tour in 2017 which makes a die hard fan/groupie very very sad and want to celebrate any day that involves top secret information about an upcoming US tour. Especially after the incredible shows in 2016 at both Fenway Park and Wrigley Stadium. Pearl Jam may not be your favorite band or perhaps some of you reading have never even heard of this Seattle Grunge band before; but, let me tell you that once you go to a PJ show, you can easily become an addict. Trust me on this one….been there done that! And to my knowledge there are no medications, therapy or support group sessions to help you overcome this addiction. The endorphins you experience during a 4 hour PJ show is equivalent to the runner’s high you get after crossing the finish line of a marathon. The major difference is that you do not have to endure the pain in your body from covering 26.2 miles on asphalt and you get to experience the runner’s high for at least 4 hours during the show and the days that follow as you recap every single song and dance.
I am hoping that all of the social media channels are reporting accurate information because tomorrow will be the best holiday gift if Pearl Jam’s Ten Club officially announce their American tour dates. All I have to say is that it’s about time!!!
12 Tell Tale Signs that you are Pearl Jam Addict:
- You renew your SiriusXM to listen exclusively to channel 22 of commercial free Pearl Jam radio.
- Your iPhone wallpaper is a picture of Ed, Mike, Stone, Matt, Jeff, Boom or the band.
- You have more photos of Ed and the band in your people photo albums compared to any of your friends or family on your phone.
- You send text messages to people that are experts and make a career at securing premium concert tickets as a back up plan if all else fails with Ten Club lottery or Ticketmaster.
- At the last minute you buy upgraded concert tickets the day before a show and sell the original tickets you purchased on EBay.
- You pretend Ed sharpied the letter “K” over his heart on his t-shirt to acknowledge the first letter of your name but really it was to pay tribute to the late Kurt Cobain.
- You make several trips to an ATM in the middle of the night in your pajamas attempting to take more money out than the ATM will allow on a given day to pay for the aforementioned upgraded tickets. When all else fails you ask the front desk person at the hotel to borrow some cash until the next day.
- You would quit your job and work as the band’s personal registered dietitian to ensure they are well nourished and that Mike McCready’s does not have a flare up with his Crohn’s disease while on tour.
- You have watched the Let’s Play Two documentary at least 100 times since its release on 11/17/2017 and you know exactly what time interval you appear because the camera person includes the spectators standing outside during the surprise rooftop show at Murphy’s.
- You travel with your own 10-cup coffee pot and toaster to shows to save money for Merch and upgraded concert tickets.
- You write in your online dating profile that being a “Pearl Jammer” is a plus and hope they would want to join the Jamily.
- You find a way to have Eddie with you at all times when you are running.
Hello, my name is Kathleen and I am a Pearl Jam addict and guilty of the 12 tell tale signs noted above. Hang loose Pearl Jammers… Tomorrow is going to be a good day! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section!!
Happy Pearl Jam Eve people.